Monday, February 27, 2012

Victory

I chose the poem 'Victory', mostly because it was the poem that meant the most to me. I enjoyed the poem because of the affection shown between Sonia and her father,. This poem was about the last time Sonia Weitz saw her father. The beginning of the poem was dull and depressing, but towards the end the theme changed to a happier tone. She explains how her father who was once strong, now weak and frail, danced with her to the tune of a harmonica. She enjoyed this moment so much she added in the poem:
"There are no tools to measure love, and only fools would fail, to scale, your victory".
This quote in my opinion meant that only fools would not know the value of love.The poem is about the separation of Sonia Weitz and her father. The poem also mentions that she might die. A scene in my life which related to this poem was when I was lost in a shopping mall. I thought that was the last I had seen of my family, and I gave up hope on ever seeing them again. I felt depressed and isolated. Then I started to reflect over good memories and smiled at the good times we had.

1 comment:

  1. To me, I think your entry, ideas and responses are very clear and your thoughts as well. You just have to watch out on the spaces after a sentence.

    ReplyDelete