Monday, September 13, 2010

A tournament I will never forget

My opinion of courage is when you conquer your inner- fears, showing that you are brave and that you have inner- strength. No physical strength is involved in the meaning but many people around the world believe that strength is the only way to overcome your fears. I believe that I showed the most courage when my karate teacher convinced me to join a tournament. I remember thinking that I would come home with a broken arm or a broken leg and that my dad would make me quit karate after that. I thought that the fight would be very painful. On the day of the tournament I was thinking I would lose the fight and be humiliated in front of everyone but a lesson I learned on that day was there are some who win and some who lose, it doesn't matter if you are either one of them. It turned out to be a long wait and I got more and more scared watching each fight, I recall seeing 7 year old's throwing each other down! 9 year old's kicking faces! Everything was just too scary... When I was called up I recall the fear of losing . It mostly was an unfair fight since my opponent probably have had joined many more tournaments before, but the score was 2-1 and was good enough for me. I overcame my fear by trying it and my friends who cheered me on also helped me.I actually ended up enjoying the tournament. Now looking back I think that I was scared and I overcame that by facing it.

4 comments:

  1. I think that you are quite courages. I think that if I was going for a tournament for my first time I would have felt scared of losing too. I think that you could have told your readers more about your surroundings. I would like to know a little more information. I would like to know what your opponent looked like. I learned that you are very brave for getting on the stage and fighting your opponent. Even though your opponent won I think your score was quite decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian,
    I think that this is a very interesting story and maybe you shouldn't think negative things like you would get a broken leg or a broken arm and what did you do to that guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was good and always wanted to be in a karate tonrnoment you did great for your fist tornment sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Julian I think this is a really interesting story. I think you should have improved in your paragraphing. I have a quick question is that story just one paragraph or is it suppose to be like that? Well overall it was great and intersing.

    Aatiqah

    ReplyDelete